Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Custom air filters for Cooler Master HAF 932 case.

Custom air filters for Cooler Master HAF 932 case. Tube. Duration : 2.87 Mins.


I fed my need for dust control by making a custom air filters for my HAF 932 case. I used aluminum screen door mesh (charcoal black) bought in Home Depo and cut to size, folded 4 times and there you have a washable front bezel that will probably outlive you. PS To answer many questions I've been getting - its NOT necessary to fold mesh exactly 4 times, that number was chosen purely arbitrary to keep most dust out of the case. The more you fold - the denser mesh gets, so you get less dust BUT you're also increasing the air resistance (killing airflow). Find the balance you need for your set-up, its it the heat that bothers you the most or the dust? Remember, that ANY restriction, such as filter, will reduce airflow significantly, so please, understand this simple fact - I'm tired of hearing how people's temps gone up because they followed my advice - its simple, really. Filter=restriction=obstruction=lower airflow=less dust. Balance your case out according to your personal needs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment