Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Xbox 360 mod - First attempt at 12 volt Xbox 360 fan mod.

Xbox 360 mod - First attempt at 12 volt Xbox 360 fan mod. Tube. Duration : 1.88 Mins.


After fixing the RROD, I figured I should put a few fans in the xbox. Well, three fans and one LED later, this is what I ened up with. This is my first Xbox mod, I learned a few things that would help out on the next mod I'll do. There's a few video's out there that grab the 12v from the DVD rom. I don't agree with those video's. It'll put more strain on your dvd drive and motherboard if your running multiple fans and accessories. If you have three fans running off the 12v dvd, it's going to draw more power off the small wire designed for the dvd and may either heat up the wire, or cause a short on the motherboard. I'm sure it works, but I wouldn't do it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment